|Mon-Thu||9am - 8:30pm|
|Friday||9am - 6pm|
|Saturday||9am - 5pm|
The library is always closed all day
for the following holidays:
- New Year's Day, January 1st
- Memorial Day, last Monday in May
- Independence Day, July 4th
- Labor Day, first Monday in September
- Thanksgiving, fourth Thursday in November
- Day after Thanksgiving, Friday after the fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Eve, December 24th
- Christmas Day, December 25th
- All Sundays
In the event that one of the holidays that can fall on any day of the week
happens to fall on a Sunday, the library is closed on the next day, Monday,
and if we would have been closed on Monday anyway, then Tuesday as well.
For example, if Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday, we are closed Monday the
and Tuesday the 26th
. Holiday closings are
generally marked on
the library calendar
Additionally, the library closes earlier
in the day than usual on the following occasions:
We do not close for other holidays.
- Day before Thanksgiving, close at 5pm
- New Year's Eve, close at 5pm
In particular, not being a branch of the Federal government
(unlike for example the post office), we have never been
required to close for all
and we do remain open for several of them.
The library occasionally needs to be closed for circumstances that can be forseen
in advance, such as building renovations or staff training. These will always
be announced in advance on the library website
The library occasionally also closes due to weather conditions,
extended power outages, serious problems with the library computer
system, or other events that cannot be specifically anticipated.
When this happens, we generally try to get the word out as soon
as we can, with an announcement on the website, signs on
the doors, or both. Thanks for your patience.